Friday, May 21, 2010

Tree fluff season!

It's that time of year when the air is thick with tree fluff.  This makes running extra fun...whee!  I'm pretty sure I breathed in like a pound of this stuff on last night's run.  Plus when you get sweaty it sticks all over you!

Last night I had this plan to run to the social run at the park.  The group usually does 4, and the park is 2 miles from my house, which would be just right:  6 total miles of running.  Except that I left my apartment running late, and had to haul ass up to the park... I ended up doing between an 8:30 and 9:00/mile pace the whole first 2 miles to try to get there on time, which of course meant I completely blew up by the last 2 miles.  I fell off the back of the pack with the people in the group doing a 12 min mile.

Soo... It felt really good to know that I could sustain that crazy 8:30-9:00 pace for 2 miles, but clearly going out too fast is still a bad idea (some things never change).

No comments:

Post a Comment