Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Marathon training...

....officially starts on June 6.  I'm nervous even thinking about it, even though the miles don't start to ramp up for awhile yet.

I guess I'm going to kick things off with a 10k on the 6th, and then I'm going to try to get on my training plan in spite of being out of town for work from June 10-18.  I know with this week-long job I can usually squeeze runs in in the morning before breakfast, but I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze in the necessary long run on that Sunday (and I'm scheduled for 11).  Also the last thing I need is to get lost in Louisville on a morning run and show up late to work (lateness is completely not allowed at this job..)  So, this should be interesting.

When I'm back on the 18th, I'll have about a month before my next out-of-town foray.  I'll post my training plan later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment